Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Anthropologie Handbags – LOVE!

I know I have not posted for a few days, but I will start taking some photos of my own clothes and including them in the blog in the future. Watch for more personalized reviews to come!

 Although there are two things that I saw shopping recently that I want to share with you!

I went to Anthropologie today – one of my favorite stores – and saw two amazing bags. They are perfect and wonderful!

There is a vintage looking bag that I am tempted to buy….




It is beautiful, with a wooden handle at the top and a detachable long leather strap as well! You can wear it as a clutch or across your body.

FYI -- The bag looks more yellow in the store, not lavender. I am not sure if the one in the store is a color no longer available, but it definitely looked different than the photo.




Anthropologie makes the most beautiful and soft leather bags. This one is darn near perfect! It has a pouch in the back perfect for sunglasses, and a pocket in the front for your cell phone. Plus, it is such a unique purple color.

It is a bit too much money for me to spend right now, but I can dream! I bought a leather handbag from Anthro a couple years ago (on sale!), and it has really held up well. They are definitely a good investment.

2 comments:

  1. Sophia (if that IS even your real name), you like to shop. I do not. Yet, I need a messenger bag. I don't like those humongoid bags or anything too flashy and I can't really seem to find anything. Plus I don't really want to drop too much cash. Would you make some recommendations?

    You see, I'm a guy, and a lot of us dumbasses (guys) are not as Sophiasticated or refined as you. You can tell by that word pun. I would say that any suggestions in your blog of the "Men, you should do this." or the "No! Stop it! Get down!" variety would be appreciated by some reluctant male shoppers. Thank you for your time and consideration.

    Dumbass Guy RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello RJ,

    I appreciate your dilemma - it is sometimes hard to find bags that fit your lifestyle.

    Of course, there is the classic Timbuk2 Bag:
    http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/bagbuilder/custom-messenger#/customProductSetId=9&uid=81779

    You can customize the fabric too! How cool.

    That model does start at a hundred dollars though, and I know that might seem like a lot.

    Also, I searched on Zappos for messenger bags and found some great low priced versions.

    Saw this one too by Emerica, and it is only $40!
    http://www.zappos.com/emerica-satchel-bag-black

    Here is a more professional look at $69.96 by Kenneth Cole:
    http://www.zappos.com/kenneth-cole-reaction-dont-mess-out-on-4-single-gusset-messenger-bag-gray-cotton

    Check them out!

    ReplyDelete